We provide a comprehensive range of primary health care services for people of all ages.
Adult and Child Medical Care:
The medical centre is far more than a place to go when you are feeling unwell and needing a quick cure. Many illnesses are self limiting like colds and flu and the best advice may be to stay at home!
We excel in treatment and prevention of long term conditions, including diabetes hypertension asthma, contraception, sexual health and erectile dysfunction.
Well Child/Tamariki Ora Health Checks – All New Zealand children are entitled free health checks from birth.
Women Health includes:
- General health care,
- Well child Immunization.
- 6 month check up.
- IUCD removal from a woman’s uterus.
- Cervical Smears between the ages of 20 and 70
- Jadelle contraceptive rods
- Screening mammograms
- We also provide breast examinations and mammogram referrals
- STI checks,
- menopause advice and treatment
- Maternity care for first 3 months (free) with referral to midwives and obstetric care as indicated.
- Also postnatal care is free up to 14 days post-delivery.
- Free flu and pertussis vaccines are available to pregnant women
- Provide men with family planning advice,
- prostrate checks,
- STI screening
- screening for diabetes and heart screening
- Provide stopping smoking assistance including support, nicotine replacement and medications (Zyban & Champix).
- Provide full paediatric and teenage care
- immunisation programme,
- oral health screening,
- youth counselling.
- Sexual Health
Provide treatment for minor accidents, removal of foreign bodies, suturing cuts, treating strains and sprains. All aspects of wound care. Referral for X-Ray or specialist as needed. Comprehensive ACC medical services. We also include sports & occupational injuries.
- Removal of suspicious skin lesions,skin cancer, including moles, lumps and ingrown toenails.
- All Childhood and adolosent immunisation.
- Travel vaccines.
- Pregnancy related vaccines.
- Flu Vaccines.
- Vaccines for the senior citizens.
Flu Vaccines – Free for over 65’s, many chronic health conditions and children under 5 with recurrent respiratory illnesses, and pregnant women. See website www.fightflu.co.nz
Travel Medicine – Appointment with doctor in first instance. All relevant advice, vaccinations and malaria prevention medication provided payment to be made in advance for all vaccine orders. See website wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel
Immunisation Schedule www.immune.org.nz All infant and childhood vaccines provided as per government schedule, Gardisil vaccines & tetanus boosters. Childhood vaccines are essential to prevent major and potentially fatal illnesses eg. Whooping cough and polio. We have a system of nurse recalls.
Other Vaccines can be ordered and paid for including chicken pox vaccine, shingles vaccine etc